Friday, May 1, 2009

Leaving/ Promise of Return

"No, you don't understand." I told him, trying not to let the tears creep into my eyes.

"Ma'am. You don't have a pass to be back here. I'm sorry, but I can't let you pass." The heavyset bodyguard replied. His big frame blocked her path backstage. She looked up into his brown, boring eyes and tried helplessly to find some sort of understanding in them.

"But, if you just let him see me. Oh, I know he'll remember me and then he'll let him me back with him. You'll see. Please, just call him. I know he's still here. He just has to be..." I mourned. If he was really gone, I didn't know when he would be back. And if he ever returned, I wasn't sure if I would have the money to come back again.

I couldn't help it. The tears formed in my eyes. I looked away from the bodyguard. It wasn't his fault I couldn't see him. He was just doing his job and probably thought I was just another crazy, obsessed fan making up stories to get backstage. Oh, no. I was far from the crazy stalker-girl fan. I was so much more. I had dreams, and hopes, and broken promises.

The tears flowed faster as I thought of all I had lost because of him. I couldn't keep the thoughts from flooding my mind. I was a hurt, lonely, and broken girl. The tears were part of who I was.

"Hey, now... Don't get like that... It isn't all that big of a deal to see him..." The bodyguard said, sounding quite uneasy.

I sniffeled and replied, "Yeah, it is... I told you why."

"How 'bout this. I'll go talk to him real quick. I'll tell him your story, and I'll see what he says." He consoled. "Okay?"

I just nodded numbly.

About five minutes later, the bodyguard came back with him rushing by his side.

"Oh, Bells... My dear, Bells. I've missed you so much. I am so sorry to have left you." And he scooped me up in his arms and I cried tears of joy and sorrow once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment